3.07.2012

A Willingness to Endure

“patience”, you won't find my picture under it in the dictionary. Well, really I do have tonnes of patience running a daycare and being surrounded by heaps of kids, but I don't have patience when I have to wait on adults for things. Well, not really that either, if I'm waiting for something and you've given me reason why I'm waiting then I'm totally chill. It's when you don't keep in touch that I get snippy.

We've been waiting about 2 1/2 weeks for our house build estimate, we were told it'd be about 2 weeks. I am so fine with this because our contractor contacted us and said that he hadn't forgot about us and that he was waiting on two other trades for quotes. I appreciate this communication tremendously and now know that it's important to him too that his customer is happy and informed.

I had major beef when it came to communication and our roofer a few years ago. Grrr, he never answered his phone, returned messages and kept us in the loop. First weekend came and we had no indication if he was coming that Saturday or not. It rained... did WE need to cover the plywood, would they, would it be OK over the weekend? No word. We're pretty nice people, I think, so kept somewhat quiet about these things BUT when the job was finished he asked about how they did, that's when I told him I had issue with his poor communication skills. He seemed a little shocked by such a comment but probably didn't know what to say back. Anyway, won't be using him again, won't be recommending him to anyone either. He'll never work in this town again!!! Yeah, I don't really have that kind of pull but whatever. 


Anyway, in a nutshell, we are still waiting on our estimate, will know by the end of this week or early next, we know why we're waiting, he's given us a verbal estimate (not carved in stone, let's be reasonable) so we can go ahead and get a U-Pak for our garage (looks like we can afford to do it too) clean out this weekend (a doozy of a post coming for that baby), and we know we've got a contractor who will keep us informed without us bugging him. That all translates to me being patient!


As Dad always says “you've got to learn to hum Essy”


Just in case you want to know for a fact that my picture isn't under the meaning...

pa·tience

[pey-shuhns] Show IPA
noun
1.
the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

No comments:

Post a Comment