3.19.2012

Zoo Break

It sure has been a pleasant day - not weather wise as it's pretty chilly out, but that didn't stop us from heading to Beacon Hill Petting Zoo.  It was nice to take my mind off all the things happening this week and just have a good time with the kids and my daycare baby. 

Got the call from the home appraiser to come on Wed for their inspection - glad I mowed the front boulevard yesterday for some better curb appeal.  I know it doesn't matter too much about how things look as they're just after what homes have sold for in the past and the general state of the property.  Fortunately for us, two houses across the street sold for a pretty decent price in the summer and there is another house for sale down the street for $679000!  Not that ours compares to that, but it's an indication of market value for our neighbourhood.

I wish I could post the kitchen plan ideas I've done on Ikea's Kitchen Planner, but I can't make it work (remember, computer dumb) but I'll find a way to show you what I've been thinking about.  We actually are a little torn about how to set it up.  Since we can't have a renter right away we don't want to sink a lot of money into it, BUT if renters can happen soon then it'd be nice to be ready.

Anyway, here's a taste of what I saw today.  How's that for inspiration?!  I must throw it in here that I completely and totally love peacock things - pillows, colours, shoes - whatever has a peacock on it.  Guess that is a nod to the style of Art Nouveau that I also so adore.  Charles Rennie Mackintosh is my creative hero.


The loveliness of Beacon Hill Park
(sure wish I had a better camera, his colour was amazing)

No comments:

Post a Comment